On average, it takes five (5) working days for tissue to be processed and a report to be ready. Your report can be emailed to you and your physician or you can pick up the report in person.
Provide complete histopathological diagnosis of excised tumours using worldwide standards
Provide accurate, complete and timely anatomic pathology diagnosis to all patients irrespective of who they are and where they are located.
• Provide accurate, histopathological diagnosis to Ghanaians regardless of who they are and where they live
• Provide complete histopathological diagnosis of excised tumours using worldwide standards.
• Provide timely histopathological reports that conform to worldwide standards of turn-around time.
• Bring anatomical pathology services including molecular pathology methods to the doorstep of the average person by connecting clients to the services
• Collaborate with other researchers carrying out anatomic pathology research
We are experts in diagnosing disease using tissue and cells.
At A.C.T we use routine H&E, special stains and IHC to make diagnosis that are central to patient management.
We microscopically examine all tissue biopsies taken from patients either before surgery or at surgery.
At A.C.T we microscopically examine cells obtained either by SPONTANEOUS SHEDDING or by active aspiration with a needle and syringe.
With a wide anatomic pathology network, we arrange private autopsies for individuals and institutions that require such services.
We study and diagnose disease through the examination of molecules within organs, tissue or bodily fluids.
WHAT SPECIMENS CAN YOU SUBMIT TO A.C.T?
We receive and work on all tissues taken out from patients including bone which usually requires a period of decalcification (up to 1 week). We also receive cytological specimens such as fluids from the chest, abdomen, joints and from fluid collections in lumps. We also receive Pap smears and carry out Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology (FNAC).